Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Bob Dylan cover...


My music partner Mark came back from a family wedding in Jamaica with this Bob Dylan song.  He sent me tracks with piano and guitar; I added bass drums and vocal.

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/make-you-feel-my-lovue

Perhaps the most covered Dylan song, as it is a frequent choice for weddings.

Yes, mention of weddings gives me the willies, not because I have anything against marriage, but rather flashbacks from doing weddings when I worked for Jack Bobier, and would have to face the wrath of "Who shot this shit?"... and breathe a sigh of relief when it wasn't me.  We had quite a few stringers (people who just shot weddings), so they didn't have to see Jack as he looked through proofs.  Besides shooting in the studio, it was also my job to get equipment ready for all the stringers, and then have to get everyone's film ready for the lab and get equipment checked over.  We did hundreds of weddings each year, and I think every bride and groom thought they were going to get Jack... so we all had an uphill struggle when getting to the church and it is the first time you have seen the bride and groom.  I had the advantage of having shot some of their engagement sessions or bridal portraits, so I may have met them ahead of time.  Weddings, to me, were big stress.  When we had our own studio, it was greatly improved by having a face-to-face with every wedding couple ahead of time.  But, I digress.  This post is about the music.

Whew!

No comments: