Friday, December 20, 2019

Nuisance...


What you are to Joan?  That's not funny.  Well, it's a little funny, but harsh.  Well, it's a little funny and harsh, but occasionally true.

This, refers to Mother Nature.  Again.  I was pleasantly surprised this morning when the forecast rain hadn't appeared.  I was able to get my morning bike ride in.  You could feel the moisture in the air, and when I got back home, the water in the canal that had been smooth as glass when I left now had small "dimples" in it from the light rain.

Joan had washed my BMW jacket, and I struggled with putting the armor back in it this morning.  Yes, I remembered what went where, even figured out that there is a right and left to the shoulder armor, but it was a lot of work getting the armor to fit back into the net pockets that hold it in place.

There was some discussion about other motorcycle jackets we have in storage, and a decision was made to make another run to the storage unit... to bring in some leather jackets and see how they spruce up with some applications of leather conditioner.

The pavement was wet when we went to the car, but not went enough to wash away any grub left from the wind we had earlier this week.  Yeah, it was more of a nuisance.  Driving to the storage unit, even the slowest intermittent setting on the wipers was more than needed.  Not much in the way of useful moisture.

Heading into Harlingen, the roads were jam-packed with cars.  I was going to stop at Sam's to gas up the CR-V... the lines at the pumps made me wonder if they were giving away gas for free.  At $2.11, it was a bit less than other stations nearby, but not enough to make me want to wait in line.

We had lunch at Chick-fil-A; the parking lot was packed.  There was one table left after we ordered.  Unlike the drivers in the parking lot, people were polite with the crowd in the restaurant.  At the nearby Walmart, the crowds were even crazier... Joan went inside, I gassed up the car.  It took me nearly 5 minutes to go the 200 yards from the store to the gas station.  And, of course, since I was outside gassing up, the rain came down a bit more; still not much to talk about.

This nuisance rain is supposed to stick around for another day.  But, while Steph and Dan are here, it is supposed to be dry and pleasant, with temps in the 70s.  We'll see.


No comments: