Monday, December 30, 2019

Last ride of the year...


Probably.

A bit chilly today, but we were both ready for some scootin'.  Northeast wind at 18 gusting to 25.  Temps hovered in the mid-60s.  It felt good to be out on the scoots again.

We rode out towards the National Wildlife Refuge...


Joan got me a small double-wall drink container to use with my cup holder on the bike.  We stopped at a wildlife parking area, and I got to use my new container...


I can't use it while going down the road - it takes two hands to undo the lid, and I have to take the chin-bar off my helmet to get access to drink.  But, it's right there.

After riding for a while, the usual lunch discussion came up; and discussions are easy with the helmet communicators.  I was in the mood for pasta, so it was over the causeway and onto South Padre Island for a late lunch at Russo's...


The food was good.  With the number of cars on the causeway, we expected the restaurant to be packed; I guess it was after any lunch rush since we didn't get there until 2:30 or so.  It was pretty quiet in there.

After chow, it was back across the causeway and home.  This is the coolest day in the past week, but still decent riding.

And, Rufus got a nice walk-about when we got home.  A good day all around.


No comments: