Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Been a while...

 

... since I made a "Staying at Home" video.  Well, partly because we weren't staying at home the last three months, but mostly because I didn't try to find a quiet place to record while out in the motorhome.  Oh, there were the two music video productions Mark and I did, which are more extensive.  With the "Staying at Home" videos, I have made it a point to make it more like playing live for a couple friends.

This time around, I shot the video with my iPhone 11 and the Shure MV88+ mic as usual, then added a few clips shot at the same time with the Insta360 One R camera.  A bit of video editing makes it look less static compared to one camera with no movement.  Not fancy, but along with some supplemental lighting, I hope this looks less amateur.

I have to thank my Honey - she asked if I'd play some music while she brushed Rufus this morning.  I have been focused on other things and haven't been playing guitar as much as usual.  It is good for the soul.  With Rufus full brushed, I set up some equipment to do this video while Joan worked on another (very cool) quilting project.

She got me a ring light to use with the phone.  A couple small tripods to hold stuff, test the Shure mic (haven't used that since June), and I was ready to go...



It was a nice change of pace.  The end result...


I had fun making it - hope you enjoy it!


No comments: