Monday, October 12, 2020

Can you come out and play?

 

I got a call this morning... I was honored that my buddy Mike asked if I could come out and not just Rufus.  Rufus and I had just been out for his morning walk, so I left him inside.  Mike was outside with Gracie, their lovely Australian Sheppard.

Mike and I visited for a while.  From a distance; like 10 to 12 feet.  Mike and MJ spent much of the summer in Minnesota, just this side of the Canadian border.  They usually go to a fish camp in Canada, but that was not to be this year.  We talked about the differences in our traveling and our lives due to the virus.  From a distance.  It was different, but it was good to see my friend.

We both understood.

I've talked about missing going to restaurants, but even more, I miss handshakes and hugs.

-------


 

I ran a few errands this afternoon with the Vespa.  First time since we've been home that I had the chance to get it out.  With this being a Monday holiday, I thought the Vespa would give me an advantage with the traffic I anticipated.  It wasn't necessary - the traffic was light.  One person I spoke with said it was thick coming off the island this morning... people heading for home after the holiday weekend.

It was warm this weekend, so plenty of people wanted to come to the beach.  Not sure how much beach was available for them, but our unusually high tides are easing off.

-------

Making some music: drums, yes, but more time on a guitar, learning a new old song...




No comments: