Thursday, October 22, 2020

You can't go home...

 

We've all heard that saying - it is supposed to mean that things change and the "home" you remember may not be the way it is now.  I'm here to tell you that you can go home again.  Especially if you just left home 3 days ago.   ;-)

We have to go home - Rufus said, "I miss my big chair!"

We were up and on the road just before 8:00.  It was a gray start to the day; looking at weather radar, Joan said, "We're going to get wet at some point today."


Yep...

We drove in and out of a half dozen downpours as we rolled south.  Other than the rain, it was a non-eventful trip.

Rufus was a good traveler...

Check out those legs... um, Rufus's not Joan's.  Joan's a much nicer, but I am, once again, digressing.  Besides, you can't see them because she has a blanket on her lap (keeps from getting knifed by those big claws).  OK, about the gams on the furry boy: when walking, his legs look short sometimes, because of all the fur from his chest and belly.  But, laying across Joan's lap, you can see that he does have normal size cat legs.  Not that that is important.

As always, nice to travel in the motorhome - I really appreciate having amenities like the fridge and potty.  And Rufus the cat on your lap.  With just the cargo trailer behind the coach, we fit in most parking lots... like when I had a hankering for McDonald's for lunch today.  Yeah, that doesn't happen often.  And, the fries weren't particularly hot.  But, Joan got us an apple pie each, 'cuz she knows what I like.  :-)

We stopped to top off the fuel tank about 20 miles from our storage unit; I like to put the coach away with a reasonably full tank... just in case we need to make some miles.

At the storage unit, we pulled the car out, unhooked the cargo trailer from the motorhome, and put the coach inside.  Out of the heat from the sun.  Joan put bins and bags by the door and I took them out to the car.  It went fast and easy.  Hooked the trailer behind the CR-V and headed for home.

Rufus would rather ride in the motorhome (where he has food, water, his private potty, and several comfortable places to lay) than the car, but he did fine with it.  Well, occasionally going from lap to lap, and looking out the window.  As we came across the bridge into our island, he could tell we were almost home.  How do I know that?  He said, "Look - we're almost home!"

Before parking the trailer in the driveway, we took Rufus into the house... "My chair!  I really really missed my chair!"

We unstrapped the scoots in the trailer, and while I took out chocks and repositioned the scoots, Joan got the refrigerated stuff put away.  I heard the Xmax tell the new Vespa: "Yeah, this is your new home - you'll like it.  They take good care of us."


Stuff is put away, the hurricane shutters we put down have been rolled up, the sun screens on the deck are rolled down, Rufus is napping in his big chair, I have high-speed internet, and Joan made us both an adult beverage.

It's good to be home.



No comments: