Thursday, June 3, 2021

Acquiring a Roadie...

 

You hired someone to carry your music gear?  No, but thanks for asking.  This Roadie is a remote used with one of my 360 cameras; it is designed to use in a car and attaches to the steering wheel.  You press a button on it to take a photo, start or stop recording a video, shoot a loop video (like a dash cam), and a couple other options.  It looks like a large smart watch...


I said to myself, "Self, if that straps on a steering wheel, it should strap on a scooter handlebar grip."

I have been using my phone as a remote for the camera. but this frees up the phone and should be easy to press the buttons while wearing gloves.


I'll find out.

 --------

I took the Roadie remote out on the bicycle this morning to test it with the Insta360 One R camera...

 

The above video is another "unlisted" video, only available from that link.

The Roadie works great, but I discovered that the app that allows you to use your phone to control the camera (via wifi) takes priority over the Roadie (which works with bluetooth).  No big deal - there is an advantage to each, but it is good to know how it will all work together.  Here's a still photo from the outing...

Still waiting for the replacement Instamic; the tracking says it should arrive on Saturday.

 

 



No comments: