Saturday, June 19, 2021

Huff and puff...

 

Not the big bad wolf.  Out to the storage unit today to get the coach out.  We took the cargo trailer with the scoots and put it into the storage unit after pulling the coach out.  Not much left to do with the house, another day of loading and stashing stuff in the motorhome tomorrow.  This feels like the never-ending loading process.

We filled up the CR-V with stuff before leaving the house today.  Joan worked on putting all that stuff away while I filled the last two tires on the motorhome that I couldn't get at before.  I don't know if it is Ford or Winnebago that has such an evil sense of humor regarding the valve stems on the outside tire of the dual rear wheels.  The valve stem lines up with one of the holes in "styled steel wheels."  You can't get to the valve stem from the front or by going around the back of the wheel.  I brought a connection from my scooter compressor that clamps on the valve stem - I was sure that would work.  I was wrong.

While Joan was putting away stuff in air conditioned comfort, I was kneeling, laying on my side, and laying on my back, trying to force the hose from the air compressor onto that damn valve stem.  No, this isn't the first time I've had an issue with these outside wheels - I have generally let the good folks at Discount Tire have the pleasure of topping off those tires.  And they have cursed at 'em, too.  I did a lot of cursing today, but it didn't seem to help.  I finally got made and forced the air hose connection on there... either it is going on, or I will likely break the valve stem.  Fortunately, the valve stems stayed together and I was able to top off the tires.  After an hour of fussing with them.  I asked Joan to remind me to have a truck tire place change out those valve stems sometime.

I was then able to move the motorhome onto the concrete RV pad at the storage units.  I plugged in electricity, and went to work sanitizing the water system.  With an appropriate amount of bleach in the water, it will slosh around as we go down the road.  I will drain and flush the tanks and waterlines once more on our first night out... and good to drink the water.

While I was doing that, Joan got some stuff out of our other storage in our unit.  When we were done, we had lunch in the motorhome.  With the heat and humidity, it felt good to be in the a/c.




 

No comments: