Thursday, June 10, 2021

If you're having trouble sleeping...

 

I took the scoot out this afternoon.  Yes, in the heat and humidity.  I did not spontaneously combust, but I sweat like a farm animal.  I thought that was a more polite way of saying: total swamp ass.

The purpose of the ride (well, besides getting out for a ride), was to test this replacement Instamic under different wind and speed conditions.  It works pretty good up to about 45 mph, then the wind noise starts intruding, causing the mic to clip (popping noise).

Here's a 7 minute and 52 second video clip testing the mic in these different situations.  Mostly just rambling.  With sub-tropical scenery.


 If you do listen to it, let me know if you think the audio is listenable (I think I just made up that word).  What I think I will do if I decide to make more narrated videos is use the Instamic at speeds below 45 mph and drop music over the top on sections with speed/wind higher than that.

So far, everything seems functional with this Instamic.  There is some latency, where the lips don't quite match up to the audio, but I think it will be insignificant with my face in a helmet.

Not sure if I will give moto-vlogging a try, but I'm now pretty decently equipped if I decide to move on with it.


3 comments:

Jeff Collingwood said...

I thought the sound was quite "listenable". You expect to hear the wind at 55 mph.
...Jeff...

Bob said...

Works great - now you can sing for us while you ride!!!! Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff and Bob. Much appreciated.