Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Outta here...

 

Us?  No.  The Instamic is packaged up and ready to send back.  I have tracking info for its replacement, but USPS hasn't received it, yet.  Michele from Instamic tells me it should be "2 or 3 days"... he has never sent anything USPS to this island.  I'm guessing more like 5 days.  So, a bit of trust on both sides that the Instamic and its replacement will cross in the mail.

Yesterday, I did shoot some more test video/audio with the Instamic while out on my e-bike.  Nothing "cinematic," this was simply a test to see how the wind screen did while in a small bit of breeze...


This is another "unlisted" video, so only available from the link above.  Not for public consumption.  Just letting any readers here in on the testing process.  And, a bit of explanation of why I was just talking through the clip.

--------

It turned out to be a mostly gray, rainy (off and on) kinda day.  My plan: go to the storage unit and get the boat trailer out and bring it home.  For those keeping track, I had washed the motorhome a few weeks ago, and didn't want to pull it out in the rain, to get to the boat trailer.  The hourly forecasts for where our storage unit is showed a couple hours with a lesser chance of rain.  In the words of the philosopher Clint Eastwood in the movie Dirty Harry: "Do ya feel lucky, punk?"

Yeah, I was feeling lucky.  Plus, the routing could take us past a Mickey D's and we could try their new Crispy Chicken Sandwich.  Lucky, in that it didn't rain while we got the boat trailer out... the McDonald's chicken sandwich?  Five out of ten.  It's no Chick-fil-A.  There had been a lot of rain inland, where our storage unit is... lots of standing water.  At the storage unit, the grounds that aren't graveled were a bit swampy.  I was very careful where I put the motorhome while Joan backed the Honda into the unit to get the trailer hooked up.  In and out in short order.  It is going to be a banner year for mosquitoes after all this rain... and more expected the rest of this week.


No comments: