Sunday, June 13, 2021

Gathering...

 

Not a get-together.  Today, pulling camera gear together; specifically: 360 gear.  I told Joan, "This should be easy - you don't need much besides the camera and a mount.  Of course, I was wrong.  All the GoPro mounts work (more or less) with the 360 cameras... and I have a lot of GoPro stuff.

Gathering just what I thought I'd need for an extended summer outing, I don't seem to have one camera bag big enough to hold just the 360 gear.  Some of the mounts, like the RAM grips that hold a selfie stick and the weighted base units (designed to hold a DSLR), take up a lot of space.  So, too, the suction mount, head mount, and wrist mounts.

After much moving things around and even more consideration, it looks like it is going to be one carrying case for the cameras and another bag for all the various mounts.  In the grand scheme of photographic things, the 360 cameras are small... definitely smaller than a DSLR or mirrorless camera.  Most of the time, I find myself shooting with one 360 camera, one selfie stick, and one grip mount while riding the scoot.  And that will be my main use for this gear. 

Space is limited in the motorhome; the goal: pack what we will use.


No comments: