Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Testing, again...

 

The replacement Instamic showed up late yesterday afternoon.  I took my e-scoot down to the mailboxes and got it.  Along with some Father's Day and birthday cards from our kid.  The Instamic box is the only one I get to open now.

I cut through the tape, opened the box, opened the Instamic box, pulled it out, and pushed the button... it started up nice and easy with the first button press!  This is what the first one should have done.  I held the button and... it shut off, just like it's supposed to do.  This let's me know that I am smart enough to push a button.  The only button on this small mic/recorder.  I am relieved that I won't have to deal with them again... and them asking, "Did you try pressing the button?  Can you take a video of you pressing the button?"

"Duhhhh, I don't know how to press a button.  'Cause my Momma dropped me on my head when I was a baby."  Too sarcastic?

Still hot and windy last night, but I put the wind screen on the mic, hooked it to my shirt with the magnetic mount (works slick) and... it synced right up to the X2 camera and recorded just like it should.  The wind was blowing 20 to 25 mph, and the wind screen did a fine job of cutting the wind noise.  Just like it should.

Back home, I unsynced the mic from the camera, took the mic into the music room, put it on recording mode and played and sang a bit of a song.  Yep, recorded it just like it should.  This is starting off much better than with the previous Instamic.

I will try mounting the mic in my helmet and shoot some video on the scoot.  At some point.  'Cause it's already hot, humid, and windy this morning.



No comments: