Friday, December 3, 2021

A foggy start...

 

 

My view when I headed out for my morning bike ride.  Drippy.  It was pretty much gone by the time I got back home.

Turned out to be a nice day, but we weren't around much to enjoy it.  I had a follow-up doctor appointment, and we went to the storage unit before had to get the rest of the prep done on it for the trip to the frozen northland (to Winnebago in Iowa for the extensive repairs).  Joan gave me instructions on what she does inside when I am generally outside getting utilities hooked up.  Got the last of the tires aired up thanks to a new articulating air chuck that I ordered after the last frustrating attempts.  The coach is ready to go.

While Joan vacuumed in the coach and swept out the storage unit, I went to the urologist for my 6 month follow up.  It has been a year now since they harvested my prostate.  She asked me a bunch of questions, we discussed how I think I'm doing, and she said, "You seem to be doing well.  Your last two PSA tests have shown no detectable cancer."

"I do have one question... on my last PSA results, someone from your office told me the number was 0.1 - that is higher than I expected.  Should I be concerned?"

She said, "Your number was .001; that is small enough to consider it non-detectable."

I said, "Big difference between .1 and .001."

She said, "I apologize for any misunderstanding - I can see why you had some concerns.  Put those behind you; .001 is essentially the cancer is gone.  We'll continue 6 month follow ups for a couple years, but only because that is standard procedure."

So, a good visit.  Plus, I was there early, they got me in early, and I was leaving their office just before my originally scheduled appointment time - that is definitely a win.

Back to the coach to get Joan and close things down.  If the airline does its job, Steph will be here Sunday and we'll hit the road.


No comments: