Thursday, December 2, 2021

Happy Anniversary, Baby...

 

Got you on my miiiiind.  If you said, "Little River Band, 1977," you get 30 bonus points.  If you said, "Another year of wedded bliss for you and Joan?" you are correct.  Time flies when you don't know what you're doing.  I have to laugh at all those people who said, "Well, that'll never last."  That's been part of the glue that has held us together all these years.  That, and one of us is pretty and the other is smart.  I'm kidding, of course, we're both pretty and smart.  If you don't believe me, you can ask Steph or Rufus - they'll vouch for us.

We do what many couples do to keep the romance in a marriage.  Today, I was in my music room playing one of the guitars, when Joan came in and said, "I need some help outside."  Seems that we had a light bulb out on one of the outside lights in the front of our house.  Of course, it is never that easy... the socket was corroded and when I took it off the house, some of the wiring right at the socket was disintegrating.  So, yeah, we did a home repair... 'cause nothing says, "I love you so much," like a home repair.

The nearby hardware store didn't have a socket.  I found that out after waiting for 10 minutes for the guy on the phone to finish his discussion - seems he didn't order something for someone and that someone was thinking he did.  How many different ways can you say, "No, you didn't say to order it" to make someone understand?  Apparently, the correct answer is: 314.  I left after 287 and went to the lighting center where we originally bought the lights.  The guy in that store was friendly and helpful, and I was on my way home in very short order with a new socket.

I wired that one up, Joan went inside and flipped the switch - it works.  Then, both of us up on ladders to get it all buttoned up.  It is never as easy as just changing a light bulb.

We are staying in for the evening: I am going to grill steaks and Joan will have baked potatoes, rolls, salad, and some bubbly ready when the steaks are done.  We were good at this keeping to ourselves stuff way before it was a thing.

Nobody I'd rather be staying in with.

-------

And, this view off the deck while grilling the steaks...



No comments: