Saturday, June 3, 2023

In the gutter...

 

My mind?  Sure.  Where Joan says I'd be laying dead without her?  Undoubtedly.  But, this is an actual gutter today.  Not the kind that is up against the curb, 'cause we don't have curbs and gutters on this island.  Talking about the rain gutters on the house.  Not saying "our house," because it is sold, but I did tell the buyers that we'd get the gutters cleaned.  And today was "Gutter Day."  All good.

We don't have leaves that get into the gutters like up north.  Most everything here is green year 'round.  But sand and grit blows around here; that settles on the roof, rain brings that into the gutters,  Not like it is a regular task... we had the gutters replaced in '19 and this is the first they've needed to be cleaned.  In case you were thinking, "You got up on the roof, Jim?" - no.  I paid two guys who are much younger than me to go up on the roof. 

Another warm day here in the Tropical Tip.  I griddled up some breakfast tortillas when I got back from a motorcycle ride.  Plenty of people out and about here and on SPI... glad I got out early.


No comments: