Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Sorting...

 

Just when I think I'm done going through stuff, Joan pulls out more stuff.  It is truly amazing how much storage there is in this small house.

The Fiesta Day sale is Saturday, so we will visit the storage unit we have in town (temporarily) to see if any of the stuff we thought we'd take to Arizona should find a new home here.  Some of what I went through today: a Sony Watchman, a Dell Axim, pilot logs, some very nice pens (I know the guy who hand-crafted them), a bunch of watches (haven't needed a traditional watch since I got that first Apple Watch when they came out), a VHF radio that saved our bacon when our plane got hit by lightning (alas, it is disintegrating), and much, much more.  So much of that stuff is so outdated that it is non-functional - I really liked my Sony Watchman, but it only brings in analog TV signals, and there aren't many of those around.  How 'bout some blank cassette tapes?  I can fix you up.

 

And boxes... some really nice boxes... like the box that the first Apple Watch came in... or a 30G iPod box.  Watch boxes.  All are now filling up another garbage container.  Oh, a few things will go to the sale.  Like several RolMex watches for a buck each... that's like a cheap knock-off of a Rolex watch that you can buy from street vendors in Mexico (no, we don't go there anymore).


No comments: