Friday, December 29, 2023

A big day here...

 

Well, it's the same size day as all the rest of 'em.

This morning, I went out to the hot tub for a soak to start my day.  No, no photos - you're welcome.  While I was in the tub, out came Joan with Murphy on his leash.  Yes, that is a big deal - I try to go easy with the leash training and build each day with some repetition.  The little furry boy (he seems tiny to me - only 9 pounds) has only been exposed to the leash for 3 days now.  I don't want to hit him with too much time or get him stressed over anything to do with the leash.

Murphy was curious about the hot tub, but I cautioned Joan to not come too close with him - didn't want the noise of the spa to frighten him.  Joan sat with him on the patio couch - the boy loves to look around outside (he can sit on our bed and look out the windows into the courtyard).  He is a bit unsure about new noises, so we're acclimating him to being outside on the leash.  Joan walked with him a bit, until I got out of the hot tub, then turned the leash over to me... we walked around the yard for another 15 minutes or so (which is a major increase in the leash time).  I let him nose around, gave him a bit of "guidance," but mostly let him explore this outdoor space.

I was impressed - he didn't pull on the leash, and when it got under his belly, he figured out that he could step over the leash and not be tangled in it.  Yesterday in the house, he figured out how to open the closet door in our bedroom... it is a sliding "barn door" on a track.  He doesn't have enough weight to push it open from the floor, but if he jumps up on the hamper that is right by the door, he can "lean into it" with better leverage.  I was impressed.

No, I didn't get any photos of his excursion - I was still in my robe after getting out of the hot tub.  Still no photos.

This afternoon, the thermometer pushed into the low 70s - I figured it would be a good time to get out on the CTX.  I shot some video, but here are a few photos...







As you can see, it was a hazy, light overcast day.  Later, I took this photo while walking to our mailbox...


There's a change in the weather that is supposed to roll in tomorrow night, dropping the daytime highs to the low 60s.  It was good to get out today.


No comments: