Saturday, December 16, 2023

Baking...

 

Joan is baking something tasty?  Often times, but today it was my turn.  "Why?" you ask.  Thanks for asking.  Joan decided I need to know how to bake the sugar-free chocolate muffins I start my day with each morning.  I broke the eggs and whipped up the batter (Is it called batter?).  Poured that into three muffin tins (that are actually silicone, not tin) and put them in the oven.

I was being careful, since I am new at this.  I was given guidance.  Instructions.  Speaking of which, I followed the directions on the package of mix.  Joan says she is "learning this new oven"... I am learning any oven, because this is my first time (in my memory) of baking something.

We checked them together, while I was being instructed on "touching them to see if they bounce back, and sticking a toothpick in them."  They required a bit more time than the instructions said.

They are sitting out on racks to cool.  I'm no expert, but they look OK to me...


 We'll see how they come out of those silicone pans.

I'm learning a valuable life skill: not having to ask, "Honey, will you make me some muffins."  ;-)

--------

5:15 pm - We're heading out to the inaugural Laveen Christmas Parade... this is the first time for this, so no idea what to expect.  Steph picked up 4 camp chairs so we won't have to stand; we'll park a couple blocks away, but it is only about 10 blocks from our house.  It is supposed to have around 60 cars with Christmas lights - we'll see how it plays out.


No comments: