Saturday, December 2, 2023

South Mountain Riding Video...

 

The finished video from a ride up South Mountain last week.  Lots going on, so this was the first chance I had to edit, add music, and a voice over track.


 It's about 14 minutes long.  My psyche and soul needed to show all the video from the ride up.  Lots of curves; I could have edited out the straighter stretches, but I wanted to see the ride up, uncut.

This ride is about 5 miles from our home.  South Mountain is the view we have from our living room and bedroom.  This will probably become my "need to clear my head" ride, because it is reasonably close.  I wish the speed limits were higher (25 mph on most of it, 15 mph on the tighter curves), but did I mention: reasonably close.  ;-)

For those interested: video shot with one camera, the Insta360 One X2.  Voice over added with an Instamic.  Produced with iMovie.


4 comments:

Earl49 said...

Nice to see a riding video again. I have been up South Mountain a couple of times, but most likely in a car. We only had bikes there once. Alice bought her Gold Wing from Sierra Vista and had it shipped up to Alaska after Bike Week. I rented a Harley for the week - not a great experience after riding a Gold Wing for many thousands of miles.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Earl. I enjoyed making the video - we have good wifi here at the house, so the uploads aren't painfully slow like I dealt with in the Black Hills last summer.

I spent several decades going back and forth between GoldWings and Harleys; both are great bikes, but the fit and feel are very different. In the end, the Harleys fit me better, but the long distance cruising experience was better on the Wings. At this point, either would be serious overkill for the riding I do these days. The CTX suits me.

Earl49 said...

I had no real problem with the bike itself, IIRC a Fat Boy. But it vibrated so much that the oil filler cap came loose every few minutes. I would have to reach down and put it back in place constantly or risk losing it and spending $100+ for a replacement upon returning the bike. That took a lot of enjoyment out of the riding. I was allowed 200 miles per day without paying an overage fee and turned it back in with 300 miles remaining. Conversely, I took Alice's Gold Wing and rode from Sun City to Flagstaff and back through Oak Canyon, plus a side trip up the hill looping through Jerome, for a 360 mile day. The Harley never broke a 150 mile day.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I think it's a matter of what you're used to. The Fat Boy doesn't have near the protection of the full dress HDs or a Wing. Even the rubber-mount engine HDs aren't as smooth as that 6 cylinder GoldWing. That said, the oil filler cap should not have come loose. In all those years riding HDs, I never had anything vibrate loose or fall off. ;-)