Thursday, December 28, 2023

Got the motorhome back...

 

 

"Where did it go?" you ask.  Thanks for asking.  I took it to the automotive service place right in front of where we store it.  Pretty convenient for that sort of thing.  I do miss having indoor storage for the coach, but we were happy to find this covered storage.  It is about 20 miles from our home, but it is the nicest facility we could find... "storage" is a good business to be in here in the Phoenix area.

It was a good experience with Champs Family Automotive, having the front end aligned and getting a few other maintenance things taken care of.  I'm glad we found a place here where we are comfortable getting service work done.

AZ registration and plates (and insurance); new front tires; this alignment.  No immediate plan to go anywhere, but we are ready when the itch strikes... we need to introduce Murphy to motorhome traveling and see how he does with that.  After all, he is a friendly "travel size" fellow.  ;-)

--------

Steph went with me to pick up the motorhome, and we ran a few errands while out and about.  One stop was at PetSmart to get more litter and a toy that Joan had seen on-line.  We walked past the kitties in their adoption area... every single one of them was a cutie.  I think the rescue working with this particular PetSmart must be selective in who they bring out.  No, I was not one bit tempted.  Murph is "the chosen one" - well, that's what I tell him.

Later this afternoon, Steph needed to go to the grocery store, and I tagged along.  Yes, I like doing stuff with my kid.  I picked up a couple Powerball tickets for Joan while we were there.  Hey, someone is going to win at some point, and you can't win if you don't buy a ticket.

When we got back, Joan had taken Murphy out in the yard for a short walk - her first time at that with this boy.  As the sun went behind the mountain, I took him out; we sat on the patio couch for bit.  Joan would like to let him sit out there with us for a longer time, but we're going to have to get some more experience before doing that.  Our outings so far have been very short.  He and I did a few more walks from different places in the yard to the patio door...

This blog could easily become: "Well, we did a short outing on the leash again today," over and over, because it is going to take a lot of repetition to get to the point that I feel comfortable getting further away than line-of-sight to the door.  I just like to have a photo record of what we're doing with this boy.

 



2 comments:

Earl49 said...

All Murphy, all the time! That's OK by us. I am fascinated by the leash training process and how well you are doing it. Duke took too his vest and leash OK because he realized that meant he got to go outside, but in the end it did not work out well. He was always on red alert when outdoors -- on the edge of attack mode.

If you get itchy feet, remember that we have a side driveway for RV parking plus electricity and water access too, if you feel like heading up to Idaho and escaping the heart of Arizona summer (yikes!) for a while.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I will get a post up this evening - Joan took him outside (not what we usually do). Murphy seems to be adapting to everyday life in his new home, and continues to impress me with how fast he catches on to what I'm trying to teach him.

I appreciate the invite - at first I thought you were talking about right now... I think it's cold here when the daytime high is in the low 60s!