Saturday, December 30, 2023

Are you sure?

 

I'm positive.  As in: tested positive for Covid.  Yes, I am vaxxed and boosted.  I take the usual precautions.  I felt fine yesterday, last night felt what seemed like the start of a head cold.  Stuffed the stick up my nose and put it in the card with the solution... positive.

I'm in that group of "older people with other complications" (asthma).  Thus far, no severe symptoms, just snotted up and a very slight fever.  I will be quaranteening, which isn't so different from my usual staying away from people.

Since the start of Covid in 2020, I haven't had so much as a cold.

--------

Well, that "no severe symptoms" changed quickly.  More fever, shivering, body aches, garpy (technical medical term)... and next thing I knew I was on the bathroom floor.  Hmmm... not sure how I got there... not sure how I'm going to get up.  I laid there for a while.  Not like I was able to get up.

This shi... um, stuff, is ugly.

--------

Two hours at UrgentCare this evening.  I guess we have good insurance.  They sent a prescription for Plaxlovid to Walgreens - kinda pointless since Walgreen's Pharmacy was closed by the time we got out of there.  They also tested me for the flu, "just to be sure."  I think the nurse was a sadist since she jammed those swabs beyond my sinus cavity and into my brain.



2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Sorry to hear of the crud.... and after a ride, Murphy time in the yard, and another good day. Get better soon!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Earl - it hit fast and hard. Zero stars - do not recommend.