Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Brushes...

 

For your hair?  With fame?  Paint?  No, no, and no, but thanks for asking.

It was a music day again today - I got together with Mark and Ron, at Ron's house in the Art District of downtown Phoenix (yes, close to where we were when we caught the light train to the Billy Joel concert).  All acoustic, no need to plug in anything.  The plan: work up some new songs.  We did just that.

Took a break for lunch.  Being in the urban part of Phoenix, it was an easy 3 block walk to a bunch of lunch options.  Nice enough that we could sit outside while we ate.  Just a pleasant afternoon.

I did bring a cajon along.  I mentioned to Mark and Ron that I tried to buy some brushes at Guitar Center yesterday, and they didn't have the kind I was looking for.  Brushes, btw, are used to play softly on a regular drum set... they can also be used on a cajon.  I have never tried that... but I watched a couple YouTube videos and it looks like it would be easier on the hands and give some other sound options.

Ron said, "I have a set of brushes"... and he went to find them (he used to play drums).  He brought out a set of "vintage" brushes and told me to give them a try...

 

Love the sound!  I was almost giddy over the sound and comfort.  Ron said, "Merry Christmas - those are my gift to you."

I spent about 1/3 of our time together playing cajon instead of guitar.  Fun!

 

 

No comments: