Saturday, December 9, 2023

Restful...

 

We kinda slept in.  Getting home at 12:30 was a big night out for us.  Plus, you're always a bit wired after a great concert.  I got up at 7:00, Joan was right behind me.  She said she wanted "a restful day."  I'm always onboard with that!

When we got around to breakfast, I made French toast, bacon, and sausage on the griddle.  I opened the umbrella and we ate at the tall table on the patio...


 After breakfast, I brought my Emerald X20 out on the patio and gave Joan about an hour and a half concert...


The guitar has an understated Louro Preto veneer - it looks more tiger striped due to the light under the pergola.  When we were done with that, Joan asked if we could play some Monopoly Cards out on the patio... "Absolutely."  She beat me: 4 games to 1.  It was nice to be able to play this outside and not have cards blowing in the breeze... nice day in the desert: upper 60s, sunshine, light breeze.  We are really enjoying the patio umbrella.


It wasn't all lounging: Joan did laundry in between this relaxing stuff.

I got in a soak in the hot tub.  It was a good place to keep an eye on the umbrella as the wind built to 9 mph.  Yes, that would be considered calm back in the Tropical Tip; and rare.  It barely moved.

I'm hoping for a bunch more days like this ahead!


No comments: