Wednesday, February 14, 2024

If you get dead...

 

... I'm going to give all your guitars away... to people you don't like.

Happy Valentines Day!  Yes, Joan said the above.  "Why?" you ask.  It's her sweet way of telling me that she worries about me.  I had music practice with 3 of the guys today, at Ron's house.  Ron lives in the downtown Phoenix area.  It is a lot closer than going to Mark's place.  And the other advantage today: I wanted to take my scooter... with my Emerald X7 strapped on my back.

Yes, like the singing nun...



 I won't be dressed like a nun... don't want to get in the habit.  (rimshot)

Joan was concerned that it wouldn't be safe with the guitar strapped on my back (the case has backpack straps).  I had concerns about it at freeway speeds, but I did do a "once around the neighborhood" as a test, and knew I could get to Ron's house via surface roads (not needing to get on the Interstate).

Joan really thought I should take the car; I was intent on riding the scoot.  In the end, it all worked just fine.  No issue getting to Ron's, and a shorter distance on surface streets instead of taking the Interstate.  I never got above 45 - 50 mph.

We had a good practice - worked up a few new songs, practiced some old ones, walked to lunch at a nearby restaurant (a big plus for living right downtown).

And then on the way home, when I checked the Maps app, there was plenty of "red" on the Interstate - surface roads are best way back, too... traffic was a lot heavier on these streets, but not stopped (other than at stoplights).

So, music and a couple of scooter rides - not a bad way to spend Valentines Day if I wasn't going to be with my Honey.  When I got home, I had a couple hand-made (well, computer-made) cards from my Honey and the new furry boy.  Joan made us a nice supper.  Murphy got in a late afternoon walk.  It's all good.


No comments: