Monday, February 19, 2024

Sunday Driver...

 

Well... rider.  I got out for a ride on the CTX yesterday.  The Burgman 200 has been getting more attention the last few weeks - I'm not playing favorites.

Just beyond mid-February and the mountain near our home is "greening up."  It's a pretty time in the desert.  I haven't seen any flowering blooms, yet, but the ground cover, scrub brush, and ocotillos have gone from brown to green.

Some photos from the 360 camera:






 Being a Sunday, and a beautiful day (mid-70s, clear blue sky, wind light and variable), I knew there'd be plenty of traffic.  I wasn't wrong.  I got slowed down a couple times... both times by... yep, cars with Minnesota license plates.

I once read: if someone is tailgating you, they are probably an asshole.  If a bunch of people are tailgating you, you are probably the asshole.  One of the MN cars did pull over.  Slowly.  And then traffic thinned out as people could drive or ride more than 10 mph below the low speed limit.  Until getting behind the next MN car.  No matter, I was enjoying the ride... if you can't get your adrenaline pumping from the thrill of the ride, you can enjoy the scenery.  I must be getting mellow - I did not utter a single swear word inside my helmet.  You're thinking: "It was many swear words?"  I like the way you think, but no.



At the parking lot at Dobbins Overlook, there were no parking spots open, and cars waiting in the middle of the road for something to open up...



I carefully weaved my way through the stopped traffic and found some open road.





Some fine riding when the traffic isn't all bunched up.  I did come up on a Lexus SC400; when he saw me in his mirror, he picked up the pace... to the point where he was pulling away from me, and I was trying to keep up.


Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

--------

The movie trailer for the upcoming blockbuster: "Traffic on... The Ride."  One man, one bike, one twisty mountain road... and a gazillion Sunday Drivers...


 Coming this spring to no theaters near you.


No comments: