Sunday, February 25, 2024

Profiling...

 

Did you get pulled over by the Police again, Jim?  No, and what do you mean by "again"?  I am too pretty to go back to prison.  Yeah, that's a joke, too.  Pretty or prison?  Yeah.

About 10 days ago, I sent a message to Corbin (they make motorcycle/scooter seats) with a couple questions about ordering a seat for my Suzuki scooter, through their website.  I figured I'd hear back from them in a day or two.  Didn't happen.  Within a week?  Nope.  I figured they weren't going to answer.

And then, yesterday, a return e-mail showed up.  Very canned response.  Didn't answer all my questions.

Joan said, "You need to call them."

"I already talked to them - the girl on the phone said to use the on-line order form."

"You are being profiled.  If you had a hot bike like a Harley CVO or a Yamaha Raider (one of her favorites), they would have sent you a reply right away.  Instead, you're on a small Suzuki scooter... can you imagine what the girl answering your inquiry must have thought?  'A small scooter?  Like this guy must be 100 years old and do you think he's going to buy a seat that goes for about 20% of the value of that scooter?'  Call them and order the damn seat."

She made me laugh.  Yep, some old white guy.  Profiled again.

;-)


No comments: