Monday, February 12, 2024

So, which was your favorite?

 

No, I'm not talking about the two teams in the Superbowl... that was an exciting ending, though.  Not even talking about the different good snack foods Joan made, including her first time making pretzel bites.  (They were tasty, btw.)

No, this is about the Superbowl commercials.  Easy pick for me: the Dunkin' Donuts commercial with Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Matt Damon, Tom Brady, Jack Harlow, and Fat Joe.  Funny as it was, you still remember who the commercial was for.


--------

I was an urban commuter today: a trip downtown(ish) to the AZ Department of Public Safety, to leave off some money and paperwork. I took the CTX. It feels like a locomotive after riding the little Burgman. I change my mind daily about which bike I want to take to the gathering this summer in North Carolina.


3 comments:

Earl49 said...

I used the DVR to record the game and zapped most of the commercials. My plan was to go online and watch "the best of" tonight. I watched the last few minutes live, which was good because my recording ended with 4:24 still on the game clock. I would have missed the OT and the big finish. I don't have much affiliation with KC, but find it easier to root for a midwest team and hard to root for the Niners anymore. It's not the same without Joe Montana and Steve Young, Ronny Lott, and Jerry Rice. We left the "PRC" in the fall of 1993.

Earl49 said...

I also skipped most of the halftime show using fast forward. When a new song started, I would watch for ~30 seconds in real time. But none of it was my cup of tea. Having been a stagehand at festivals in a past life, I am more interested in the process of setting and striking the stages than the show itself. I wish they showed more of that, even in the background.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

We watched most of it. I highlighted my favorite stuff in the post, but I guess I didn't comment on the half time show. When I saw Usher on roller skates, I thought to myself: they have run out of things to do. (Jumped the shark.) I used to roller skate... in junior high. Nice production, though.