Friday, February 16, 2024

It's a new day...

 

If you said, "A song by will.i.am, 2008," you get 30 bonus points.  If you were wondering how Murphy is doing after his day with the vet yesterday - the boy is himself again this morning.


 He hasn't been his typical kitten-ish self for a couple days (since going to the vet on Tuesday).  I may be reading more into it, but he seemed very lovey and grateful last night.  Perhaps after spending a day at the vet's office, he now appreciates even more how good he has it at home?  Yes, I am kidding - he's a sweet boy.

This morning, he was more lovey than usual, more grateful to have his breakfast on time... and he was full of energy: running and jumping; playing with his toys.  When Tango came over for a short visit, he kinda wrestled with him.  He wanted to be playful, but Tango wasn't sure about that.  But, they were nice to each other.  I think I heard him tell Tango: "They took me to this place where they locked me in a cage and poked and prodded on me.  Then, after hours and hours, they shaved my leg and stuck a needle in it!  Not sure what happened after that, but when I woke up, it felt like they rammed something in one ear and out the other!  Then, they put me back in a cage again, until my Mom and Dad rescued me."

Yeah, that sounds pretty close to what went down.  This morning, though, he got some snuggling, his regular breakfast, a nice walk out in the courtyard, and lots of running, jumping and playing... including a couple "ninja kicks" on the furniture (all 4 feet off the ground, and a kick off with the rear feet).

Yeah, I'd say he is good.


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Glad to hear that Murphy is getting back to normal. Duke got a dose of Gabapentin this morning and his toenails were clipped before lunch. He is now a bit hungover but fairly normal -- and much safer to snuggle. The meds work great, and we don't have to take him to the vet to be "professionally hugged". He is NOT a fan of car rides. Come to think of it, I'm not a fan of my doctor visits either.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Glad the Gabapentin works for Duke. We haven't had to use that for Murphy (he lets Joan clip his nails and brush his teeth), but the one time we used it on Rufus, it had no effect.

I'm with you (and Duke) regarding doctor visits. The only person I know who enjoyed doctor visits was my departed Mother - during the last couple decades of her life, those were "social outings."