Saturday, June 13, 2020

Another original...


This song is another Mark and Jim collaboration: it started life with me doing the chords and rhythm.  Mark added lyrics and melody.  We worked together on my more lyrics and timing.  When it was time to start the recording process, I put down a scratch track, then bass and drums, then an acoustic guitar track, and vocals.  Sent those tracks to Mark where he added piano, organ, electric guitar and horns (synth).  We each worked on the mix.

Mark describes it as "a nice little take-your-mind-off-things summer love song."  I liked the easy listening "old timey feel to it."  Joan said, "It's nice, but it isn't your usual style."  I think that was still a compliment.  ;-)

Here's the world premier of Because You...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/because-you-v12

Feel free to leave any comments and share it with your friends.



No comments: