Tuesday, June 9, 2020

In the studio...


Different meanings to that over the years.  For about 32 years, it meant I'd be standing behind a camera.  These days, it means I am in front of a microphone.

Mark and I have been trading ideas back and forth for another original song.  In between, I try to get a "stayin' at home" video out.  Today, I recorded some tracks on the song Mark and I are working on, then got the tracks sent off to him.  The song is different from anything I've done before, but I am enjoying the vibe of it.

Today's "stayin' at home" video is a cover of the Billy Joel song You May Be Right...


I saw a nicely produced video on the Acoustic Guitar Forum by a gentleman who used to do television production - it had nice lighting, a camera on a moving rail to provide some subtle panning, and decent audio.  It kind of inspired me to class up my video today... I put on a shirt with a collar.  ;-)

Heat advisories again in the Tropical Tip - the local weather weasels are actually saying "Don't go outside today if you don't have to..."  Well, I didn't have to, but I did get in a bicycle ride this morning, and did a round of exercises outside while keeping an eye on Rufus, so he could have some face-in-the-grass time.  Odds are pretty good I won't be leaving the air conditioning this afternoon... unless for some kind of emergency.  But, Joan bought ice cream on her run to the store yesterday, so I think we are OK for now.

No comments: