Monday, June 22, 2020

Gettin In... Getting Out...


We are pretty much just marking time while here in Austin, waiting for my service appointment on the Vespa tomorrow morning.  We thought this might be a pleasant RV park to hang out, but Mother Nature as kept it on the warmish side.  I tried to take Rufus outside this afternoon, but there is a lawn crew mowing, and it is noisy.

We did some running this morning - a bit of recon for the route to AF1 Racing, then a stop at Total Wino.  Some call it "Total Wine," but we know the truth.  We stocked up.  Joan wanted to stop at HEB; we pulled up a reasonably close one, and as we got close, decided to take a pass.

Back to the coach, take care of Rufus for lunch, and then out again.  A nicer HEB and a stop for my belly...


Yes, there are some In-N-Out Burgers in Texas, but none in our home area.  One has to take advantage when the situation presents itself.  You can tell by that fries holder above, I made short work of it.  ;-)  In the past few months, we have only had one other burger out, and that was Burger Fi near us.  Yes, we ate in the car.  No, not while driving.  I pulled back into the near empty In-N-Out parking lot.  No inside service, yet.  Just as well... this county is a Texas hot spot for the virus.  Austin is a city with a relatively young population; they are discovering that this virus isn't just a "boomer remover."

I was a bit nostalgic eating in the car.  When Joan and I were dating in Sioux City, one of our favorite food stops was Tastee In & Out.  Drive up only, so eating in the car was your only option, unless you were going to drive to a park for a picnic.  Realistically, those Tastee Sandwiches were too irresistible to wait to get to a park.  ;-)  In-N-Out Burger is pretty high on my list, too.

Back to the RV park, the management here sent a kid out to look at the leaky hose bib at our site.  The kid tried to explain to me "how to use a faucet."  Interestingly enough, as he demonstrated that you "turn it to turn the water off" (moron), the leaking didn't stop.  He then explained to me that he is office staff not maintenance staff.  It shows.  I was a nice guy and removed our water and sewer connection so they could fix it.  Apparently, that isn't going to happen.  It doesn't prevent us from using those facilities, it is just a swampy mess around the power pedestal.  Their mess - I was trying to be a nice guy by letting them know.  If you talk to me like I'm stupid, you lose the right for me to be respectful.  This is a decent park, but I will take them off our list.


No comments: