Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Fathers Day...


It is early here in the Alamo City.  Rufus did not jump on me to get me up to feed him; instead, he snuggled up sweetly.  Then did the same with Joan.  He's a good boy.  Joan wished me a "Happy Fathers Day" as I got up... I couldn't be the Dad I am without her.

Far away, our sweet daughter is still in bed, as she should be.  I know when she gets up I will hear from her and get to open some cards.  In the meantime, while starting my morning routine, I got to think about what being a Dad means to me: best job ever!  A job?  Well, it takes effort to raise a good kid, but this is truly a labor of love.  You teach, you encourage, you set guidelines... all with the trust that what you are doing will result in a good person.  Stephanie is a good person, and we couldn't be more proud of her.  While some of that is inherent goodness, it takes involved parenting, as well.  No doubt, in her teen years, Steph may have believed I was a bit too involved.  :-)

Though we live many miles apart, we visit often; we go there, they come to see us.  But a lot of our contact is by phone or trading cat photos by text.  It is sometimes a competition to see who has the cutest cat(s)... and being a good Dad, I let her think she is winning.  ;-)

While the adoring will begin soon, this will also be an easy travel day for us: 100 miles or so, to position us closer to the Vespa dealer who will be doing service on my scoot.  Thus, the reason why we are lingering in this area.  I'm looking forward to some good riding soon.

Got to go - my kid is on the phone!

Happy Fathers Day!


No comments: