Monday, November 16, 2020

Been a while...

 

We got out on the scoots today.  No, that hasn't been a while; I ride almost everyday since we brought the new Vespa home.

I got the scoots out and ready to roll (part of the valet service I offer)...


 No destination, just out riding around.  We rode out "Ain'ta Mountain Road" to enjoy the smooth road and the light traffic... it sure isn't for the curves.  ;-)

We rode out past the Wildlife Refuge, stopped in one of the parking areas for some re-hydrating.  And, a couple photos...


I brought a small twisty tripod, in case we stopped - we can both get in the photo...

Joan suggested I wrap it on a nearby fence for a different angle...



The long sleeves are for the sun protection - it was in the upper 70s.  Joan wanted to stop at the store on the way home... this was the thing I haven't done in a while: I haven't been in a grocery store since we left the Black Hills.  She does the shopping; she says it is so I don't have to be around crowds... it may be so she gets to decide what to buy without input from others... and by "others"... yeah, me.  I did get some input today when we went into H.E.B. - Tillamook ice cream, because there is more to a snack than fruits or vegetables.  ;-)

She took a bag of groceries in the under-seat storage on her Xmax; I put two bags of groceries in the top case on the Vespa.  It has also been a long time since we have done any shopping on the scoots.  We don't do the "pick up a few things every other day" kind of shopping anymore; when Joan goes on her own, it is for at least a week's supply.

I was like a little kid: "Oh, look at that!"  Maybe that's why she leaves me home when it's time to shop?  ;-)




No comments: