Monday, November 9, 2020

Update...

 No, nothing to report on the home front.

Joan gave me a phone # and printed out info for a service issue with the MacBook Pro.  My model is covered under this service issue.  Now, I will admit: I wear ‘em out.  Besides needing ever more powerful processors and more memory, I wear the letters off the keys on the keyboard.  I’m an OK touch typist, but with this current MacBook Pro, once the letter wears off the key, the key itself seems to wear out... to the point that the key falls out.  Well, it doesn’t actually fall out (since I am not typing upside down), but it sticks to my finger and pulls out.

I spoke with an Apple rep this morning, and they are sending me a box to send the unit in for repair.  The guy said, “Be sure your computer is backed up.”  So, this morning, I started that process... it takes time; I have a lot of stuff on there.  And, it has been a couple months since I last backed it up.

Today has been “update” day.  My phone and iPad had update notices.  Well, I might as well... dang, update them all at the same time, and you have nothing to get to the internet!

I have been working on a scratch track on my Spire Studio the last couple days.  This particular song has been a challenge, but that is digressing.  The company that makes the Spire, iZotope, sent a notice for an update last week.  I did that... and, it took away some “features” that I like.  I contacted iZotope - they don’t talk to you in person, so you have to deal with their online chat or e-mail.  When I finally got through to someone who knew what I was talking about, he agreed with me that they need to do a better job with explaining changes with an update.  This afternoon, there was another update from them... it fixed my issues with the previous update.  Now, I can’t say it was because of my complaint, but I’m guessing I wasn’t the only one.

In the meantime, I am inputting this post with my iPad... the phone and the laptop are still updating.   These things take time.



No comments: