Thursday, November 19, 2020

Drums keep pounding a rhythm...

 

... to the brain.

If you said, "The Beat Goes On, by Sonny & Cher, 1967, written by Sonny Bono," you get 50 bonus points.

Mark and I have been working on a song for a couple weeks now.  Not everyday, but kicking ideas back and forth.  I recorded several different drum tracks in the last week, but wasn't satisfied with any of them.  As Mark says: "Tracks are cheap - record as many as you want."

This morning, while Joan went to the grocery store, I went into my music room with another drum idea in mind.  One take.  It felt better to me than any of the others.  I sent it off to Mark.  Yesterday during a conversation with him, he mentioned "... maybe a hand-drum track?"  After sending the first file off, I went through the drum sounds on this new set and came up with conga/bongo/scratcher sounds I liked.  Yep, I shipped off a new set of tracks, because... tracks are cheap.

This song may never see the light of day beyond Mark and me, but it has been a different experience working on one song over this amount of time.



No comments: