Tuesday, November 10, 2020

That was fast...

 

My Vespa?  Yes, it is fast, but not what this title is about.  Yesterday, I called Apple to see about getting my MacBook Pro serviced (problem with letters on the keyboard); they said I should have a box to ship the laptop back to them in two days.

When I got back from a scooter ride, FedEx pulled up to the house as I was putting the scoot away.  I thought it was something Joan ordered, but... it was the box to ship back my laptop!  Suck it, Amazon Prime - Apple knows how to ship stuff quick!  It is rare that we get anything Amazon Prime in the “two days” they say.  I rack that up to living on an island at the edge of the country.

I was also told I should get my laptop back in “5 to 7 days,” so we’ll see how that plays out.  I took the box to our local pack & ship place, and the guy told me it was an express ship, so they should have it in two days.  I have a receipt with a tracking number, so I can follow along.

Apple gives you instructions on what you need to do with the laptop, regarding your firmware password, backing up everything on the laptop (I did that yesterday), and turning off “Find my MacBook.”  They even give you tape strips to seal the box.  Peel off their label, and your label to ship to them is underneath. They do make it easy.

I do almost everything photo/video/internet related on my MacBook Pro.  Right now, I am posting on my iPad... I know this thing is very capable (I use it mainly for music related stuff), but it is different.  On the bright side, the “t” key doesn’t fall off this iPad Pro.  ;-)

Yesterday’s post with the photo of Rufus was done with the iPad - just so I could getting into using it.  In the not so distant past, posting photos into the blog with the iPad was clumsy - pretty much the same as using the laptop now.  It takes a while to get used to “touching the screen”... an iPad is Joan’s main device... if we are looking at something together on my laptop (like when checking out RV park reviews), I have to pull the screen away to keep her from touching it.  And, there’s no trackpad on this iPad.  Ain’t technology grand?


No comments: