Saturday, November 7, 2020

Sometimes it works...

 

Talking about my 360 camera.  Actually, it works all the time when I am riding solo.  For some reason, when Joan is along, the camera acts up.

We had a nice ride today - the temperatures were in the 70s, sunny, light breeze.  I mentioned how nice the water looked as we rode across our swing bridge.  Joan asked, "Do you want to ride across the causeway to get some video of the Laguna?"

Our plan was to ride out to Bayview (which has no view of the bay), past the orange and grapefruit groves, find some other back roads, and just enjoy some time on the scoots.  Running across the causeway was a chance to enjoy the pretty water of the Laguna Madre... and still head out to Bayview.

I turned the camera on as we started up the causeway.  I tried to turn it off part way across (planning to just get snippets along the way) - nope.  Coming back across the causeway, it appeared to have turned off and wouldn't turn back on.  Heck with it, let's just enjoy the ride.

Bayview hasn't changed much since we've been through there last (a couple years); we went down a few back roads, a couple that ended with gravel or dirt.  Some interesting homes.  Finally making it to Ain'ta Mountain Road, then heading back.  We rode through the golf course area in Laguna Vista - more nice homes.  A stop for me to top off my fuel tank (66mpg - getting worse), then back home.

No photos along the way, but the 360 camera yielded more causeway video than I thought - I may need to do a firmware update.  In the meantime, here's a short video of what I did get...


But, the riding was good!  :-)


No comments: