Monday, November 2, 2020

By request...

 

When I got back from my bicycle ride this morning, Joan had a plate of sliced fruit for me on the deck.  A beautiful Tropical Tip day.  We had breakfast out on the deck.  I brought a guitar out and played music for her... and Rufus.  The big furry boy likes music while he's getting brushed.

No plan for the day.  Just kicking back.  Joan asked if I had another "Staying at Home" video planned.  Then suggested I do an acoustic version of Vaccine, the song Mark and I did in early September, based on the Dolly Parton song, Jolene.  Lyrics by Mark.  It is a "sign of the times" kinda song.

I decided to give it a try.  I'm not content to just plug a mic into the phone anymore.  Some lighting and a second camera (the Insta360 One R) to make these home videos less static.

The results...


Certainly a different feel from the full band sound that Mark and I recorded earlier.  I look forward to the time we can get "back to when."



No comments: