Saturday, November 28, 2020

Deep...

 

Not talking about the water here.  Nor any of the posts on this blog.  Well, this one, once again, is that big furry boy, fast and hard asleep...

 

Yes, I have posted photos of this big furry boy sleeping.  The boy has... gusto.  Not much about him is subtle; I like that.  When he head-butts me, it is like a firm punch in the chin.  When he snuggles in, you know you are being cuddled.

And, after a good nap, he is refreshed and alert...


When you talk to him, he looks you right in the eye, like he is hanging on every word.  "Like"?  I think he is.  'Cause... he's a good boy.  ;-)

I wish I could sleep like that.  What's that?  Yeah, I am sleeping decent.  Sunday night will be the end of that, considering what's coming early Monday.  I am feeling positive about the surgery, but, damn, that is an early morning.

I get to eat what I want today.  Joan made us a great omelette sandwich this morning, I am I thinking some turkey noodle soup and apple crisp with vanilla ice cream sounds good later.

Maybe some outdoor decorating, if the weather holds.  Here's how the tree looks...

Joan has it set up on a Smart Plug so I can just say, "Alexa, turn on the tree."  Easy.  :-)

---------

Joan got out all our outdoor lights; there are a bunch.  In years past, I have run multiple strands of lights across the deck railing... it looked like a waterfall of lights.  One of the lights we bought last year are icicle lights: LED lights that blink and flow down the "icicle."  Not particularly bright, so you couldn't differentiate these due to all the other lights.

I decided to go understated this year - a lighted wreath in the middle, the icicle lights on the railing, and white rope lights outlining the edge of the floor of the deck.  We have some other net lights for wrapping the palm tree in front; for another time.




No comments: