Sunday, November 15, 2020

No, I didn't give up...

 

On the blog, that is.  It is rare that I go two days without a post... so, this is a post saying I didn't make a post.  ;-)

We're doing fine.  Staying away from everybody and everything to stay healthy before surgery.  Two weeks from tomorrow.  There is a food drive in our village today, with people gathering and door prizes.  We left off a bag of canned and boxed goods, but won't be taking part in the gathering today.

In the meantime, I am making music, taking the scoot out, walking Rufus, and enjoying each day.  Joan has been very occupied with the wall-hanging she is making for Steph and Dan; I am amazed at the number of hours this project is taking.  It has really taken shape in the last couple days, but there is plenty of hand work to go.

And, Rufus?  He is a good, good boy.  Seems he is quite happy having us around.  Yes, I can tell when my furry boy is happy; he has great expressions.  Our neighbor David was walking Tessa, their large golden-doodle when I was walking Rufus this afternoon.  Rufus likes Tessa, so he walked right up to her... barely comes up to her knees.  Tessa's idea of playing is hopping around, so Ruf gives her some room when she does that.

We had a nice phone visit with Steph this afternoon.  Remember the old AT&T commercials: it's the next best thing to being there.  Yep.  Great to hear her voice.  I miss seeing her face... we'll FaceTime next time.

----------

We are watching the launch of the Space-X mission this evening.  Perfect launch and first stage drop, second stage firing.  Eight minutes since the launch and still watching the live coverage on MSNBC.  I get that same lump in my throat as when watching the launches when I was a kid in the 60s.  God speed, crew.  On their way to the International Space Station, where they will spend six months.


No comments: