Friday, November 6, 2020

This is like Christmas...

 

Well, that's what Joan said to me when UPS rolled up.  On Wednesday, someone was recording with the Spire Studio and bumped it over, breaking a connection on the cord for my Bose headphones.  Bose being Bose, the connection to the headphones is proprietary... Joan ordered me another cord but I had no idea it would get here this fast.

The other thing is another farkle for the Vespa.  For those not familiar with the term "farkle," it is a term motorcyclists use to describe things they buy for their bikes.  Farkle is generally functional, often performance, items, where "bling" is fancy stuff... if it is chrome, it is generally bling.  Joan encouraged me to order this: a cover plate for the top case.

The top case has a cover plate that can be changed out to match the color of the rest of your bike.  Sorta.  They have red, silver, glossy black, and blue.  The one I have is a textured black - it went fine with my black Vespa.  Since my classy blue beauty has black on it, the top case wasn't awful with it; oh, it didn't have the same pizzazz as the rest of the bike, but it was OK.  I couldn't find a photo anywhere on the internet showing what the blue color of this cover plate looked like.  The description was: Burgman Blue.  Burgman is a model of a Suzuki scooter, and they have had different shade of blue over the years.  I found one place in my search that had a blue cover plate... I think that model of top case is being discontinued.  I went for it (they even had it marked down $10).

I held my breath when I opened the box and... it is a really, really close match!  I took it out and held it against the Vespa... nice!  I brought the top case in so I could work on it in air conditioned comfort and at a comfortable standing height (the kitchen island).  The way it looked...


And, how it looks now...


I think it dresses that top case up nicely.  I took the scoot for a ride to get some photos in the sunlight...



I like it.  A lot.  Really, I think I'm done adding stuff to this new scoot.

Oh, one other bit of cheer: as I settled in to load these photos, I got a call from the doctor... my bone scan is normal; no sign of spread.  My situation is pretty similar to Al Roker's (from the Today Show) - he just announced today that he has prostate cancer, an aggressive diagnosis, and is having surgery to have his prostate removed.  He was able to get in sooner than I am.  But, the take-away: a clear bone scan.  👍



3 comments:

BiloxiBeau said...

Great news Jim

Bob

Jeff Collingwood said...

Jim, I will be praying for you. My doctor doesn't even do PSA tests anymore. He doesn't do the finger poke either. He said they had too many false positives and missed many cases altogether. So now I am 75 and just on a wing and a prayer. I know a guy like you will handle this just fine. I so enjoy your blog. We are so glad we got to meet you and Joan in Yuma all those years ago.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks for the kind and supportive words, folks. Please know those thoughts are appreciated.