Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Is it live or is it...

 

Memorex?  If you said, "A commercial from 1974 featuring the voice of Ella Fitzgerald shattering a glass," you get 100 bonus points.  The ad was for Memorex cassette tapes.  If you said, "What's a cassette tape?" get off my lawn ya damn kids.  ;-)

Mark and I have kicked around some recording ideas.  I wrote a song recently, but it is outside my normal genre.  I sent it on to Mark to see if he could spruce it up a bit.  Joan wasn't a fan of that song, but she did suggest an interesting version of a Little River Band song.  I've heard the song, but never played it.  Mark said he could get onboard with it, leaving the start-up for it in my hands.

I learned the song today and spent some time with some test tracks.  Midway through that, my Spire Studio decided to act up, thanks to an update... it is really annoying when an "update" makes something worse.  I fussed with that for a while, including wasting time online with iZotope, the company that makes the Spire.  No phone support and the guy I got on the on-line chat was painfully slow.  It took a half hour of waiting for his responses before he determined he would refer me to "someone who knows more about the Spire Studio."  Yeah, that would be good.  Never heard from the "next person."

I worked on some tracks, but nothing I'd want to share.  Bass, drums, guitar, and vocals... sounded like none of the tracks were playing the same version of the song.  I'll be working on this for some time to come.

Joan said that I may have other things on my mind... apparently referring to tomorrow's bone scan.  She gives me credit for thinking stuff.  Fooled her.  ;-)

By late afternoon, I took some time for a short ride on the Vespa and taking Rufus for a walk.  Not at the same time.  Better use of time than working with the Spire Studio earlier this afternoon.


No comments: