Monday, January 25, 2021

A New World Record!

 

Well, for me.  After getting a bicycle ride in this morning, the wind really kicked up... there were whitecaps in the protected turning basin in our local harbor.  Looks like another good day for staying at home... and another "Stayin' at Home" video.

The record? Six music tracks, the music production, a bunch of video, then editing it all together... less than 5 hours.  "Looks like it," you say.  ;-)  It keeps me occupied.

I was on my own today, since Joan was back at another quilting project...

 

It's been a while since she's had the opportunity to work on that, so I wasn't going to take her away from it.

My project for the day...


First time I've done all the video myself.  Used my Apple watch to frame the shot and start/stop the video.  Not the same as having a pretty videographer to keep my attention, but these are unusual times.  I started the project by recording the different instruments and vocals with the Spire Studio.  I've been using the Spire for several years now, so that part generally goes fast, if it's a song I know.  The video doesn't take that long to shoot if you aren't doing a bunch of angles and locations.  Editing it all together is the big time suck.  But, it keeps me off the streets.

Hope you enjoy it.

------------

Hand me downs... 

No, I'm not talking about being a poor kid and having to wear my sisters' hand-me-downs... junior high kids can be so cruel.  I'm kidding - it was the 60s and I looked pretty good in those white go-go boots.

Digressing again.  Joan sent a package to Steph on Friday, and it showed up at their house today.  There were several things in there, including an apron restructuring Joan did for Steph (it holds teacher supplies when they have to go back to in-school teaching again)... but the big star in the package was a hand-me-down.

One of the first things we got for Rufus when we adopted him was a "big boy" kitty hoodie...


Hard to believe he fit in that bed and the hoodie.  Well, that "full grown cat" (that's what the vet in Arizona told us) is a LOT bigger now.  Joan was going through some things and came across that hoodie... we decided to surprise Steph with it for Tango, their youngest furry boy.

She sent us a photo...


 Looks like it fits him just fine.  He is a different physique than their other two "big cats" (Siberian Forest Cats).  But now he looks like a big tough boy in his new hoodie.  Almost a year that this sweet boy has been a part of the family.



No comments: