Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Rubbing my eyes...

 

Ever have that film on your eyes that you have to rub out first thing in the morning?  No, me either.  But, it was a foggy start to the day today.  Out for my morning walk...


The canal behind our house...

We had talked about getting out on the scoots today, but we'll see what Mother Nature has in store.  We aren't the only ones: SpaceX has another test launch ready to go, just waiting for a weather window.  Tomorrow is supposed to be quite windy again; it looked like today between 8am and 5pm was their hopeful launch window.  We'll see.

--------

We were ahead of SpaceX - we did get out on our scoots today (they didn't launch).  Early afternoon, we decided on a loop through Los Fresnos, Brownsville, then back home.  We picked some take-out to eat when we got home.  It was humid when we left home... I was already sweating like a farm animal, waiting for Joan to gear up.  We probably should have gone without coats, but I do like to wear my mesh motorcycle jacket when the humidity isn't 147%.  Yes, I'm kidding - it was 253%.  Heading west, then south, the temperature continued to climb; I can't state with accuracy the actual temperature, but while waiting in the drive up, my radiator fan kept spooling up and the outside temperature read-out on Joan's bike was 106º... of course, it wasn't 106º - I think it was being affected by the heat pouring off my body.

Probably wasn't much point in showering this morning.  Riding back towards home on Hwy 48, I had my elbows up high and all the zippered vents on my jacket open... I call it "OMG, I'm boiling like a lobster" position.  That said, I enjoyed the riding part.  First time Joan and I have ridden together since the infamous flat tire episode.  Good times.


No comments: