Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Evolving...

 

Another day where the wind is blowing like stink.  Gusting to 35mph out of the north.  It's that time of year.  It was 63º when I went for my morning walk... a "feels like" temperature of 60º.  ;-)  It gives the local weather weasels something to talk about.  Otherwise, a generally sunny day.  To match my sunny disposition.

I decided to do another "Staying at Home" video, after playing some music for Joan and Rufus.  A kinder, simpler project this time, more in line with what I was thinking about when I first started these "Stayin' at Home" efforts.  More on that in a bit.

With a song picked out, I went to work.  Instead of just playing for the camera, I recorded a guitar and a vocal track, then went to work on the video.  After doing the "full band" videos, this felt like it needed something more than just a guitar... I added a quiet(ish) bass track to it.  While working on the video, only one view seemed almost too static... I added a couple short clips with some close-up chording.  Yeah, that seems better.

While doing the editing, Rufus hopped up on my lap - he's very helpful that way.  Joan saw that and came in to get a photo...


 I put that image as an ending to this video.  Oh, and the video...


The song is a cover of James Taylor's Country Road.  I didn't realize it until I went to save the video, and the computer wanted to add a "1" or a "2" to the title... seems I already recorded this one.  Well, to be fair, I have recorded a bunch of "Stayin' at Home" videos.  Which brings me to the "evolving" part: I had to look back to see if that title situation was because of an earlier rendition.  The thumbnail of that older version was a bit weak.  I didn't listen to it, but I can see that the video/audio work has evolved over time.  I have learned to not trust YouTube with selecting the thumbnail preview image.

This thumbnail...



No comments: