Saturday, January 30, 2021

Two months...

 

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing.  Two months today since my prostate went missing.  Physically, I am back to what passes for normal.  Still wearing my big-boy pull-up pants, but (apparently) that is typical for surgery where they take more tissue than just the prostate.  I have an appointment next week to get blood tests done, presumably to see if there is any indication of a PSA number that would reveal any spread.

On the bright side, we won't have to wait in the car for hours for that doctor visit... usually, we just wait for an hour an 15 minutes, based on past visits.  ;-)

In the meantime, we'll just keep keepin' on.

 

2 comments:

Bob said...

5:36 AM - how our sleeping habits change as we age. How are you feeling after the shot??? Don't go soft on us, you are our hero of action, adventure, big boy toy purchases, hamburger and other bad stuff eating at will, and impeccable taste in women (actually that is "woman" in the singular as The Blonde is one of a kind). Thinking of you today. Bob in Nevada

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bob, I just saw this comment. We have both been fine after the first shot, and looking forward to the second. All that stuff you mentioned sounds like things my doctor thinks I should stop doing. ;-) I think I have good taste in women (that is a matter of taste), but Joan still doesn't let me date, so no idea how that would fare in these current times.

Should hear something from the surgeon's office in a day or two. More wait and see. Hope all is good with you and yours.

Best wishes,
Jim