Thursday, January 14, 2021

The Big House...

 

Going to the big house, gonna get the chair.

No, I am too pretty to go back to prison.  After a couple nights away, Rufus was looking forward to getting back to "the big house" (his words, not mine) and having his chair.

An easy drive today.  We got the coach ready to put in the storage unit (tanks flushed and dumped); Joan cleaned inside and packed up most of what we took, while I worked outside (not cleaning - that will have to be another day).  When we left that RV park at 10:20, we knew we only had to do a couple hours.  We stopped for fuel 20 miles before the storage unit, so we can be ready to roll when the next trip comes around. 

The swap (car out, stuff loaded into the car, trailer off the coach, trailer on the car) at the storage unit went quick.

 

Back home, we took Rufus and his potty box inside, then parked the cargo trailer and went to work unloading the car.

Of course, I was anxious to try out the Vespa to see if the speed ring made a difference in the accuracy of the speedometer... yep.  About 1mph off up to just over 40 mph... I'll check it at higher speeds another time.

We were only gone 2 1/2 days; felt longer than that.  The cold weather in Austin probably had something to do with that.  It was 73º, sunny and breezy when we got home.  Rufus is a good traveler, but he isn't a big fan of riding in the car... and he is happy to be in his "big house."  Joan put him down outside the car and he walked right up to the door.  "I missed my house."  It shows.

--------

I got out for another ride late this afternoon; this time across the causeway so I could run the scoot up to 60 mph to check the speedometer accuracy... 1 mile per hour off up to 40, 1 or 2 off between 40 and 50, and right on at 60 mph.  That is better than I expected!  Plus, I got another ride in.

 


No comments: