Sunday, January 24, 2021

Another first...

 

Well, first in a while.  I have been walking for exercise since the big poke.  It has been almost two months now - time flies when you're looking for your missing prostate - I decided to try a bicycle ride this morning.  I put the battery in the e-bike (yes, I will be pedaling) and rolled it out from our underneath storage area; besides the nether regions, another reason why I haven't ridden in a while: the bike weighs 55 pounds, and I have to lift it up onto the stairs to get to the street level.  Heaviest thing I've picked up in a while.

Into our driveway, the next concern... Joan told me to do a "test sit" before committing to a ride.  The seat on this bike is tall enough that by the time your ass is on it, you can no longer touch the ground.  Well, I can't touch the ground... if I'm on the seat, I'd better be rolling.  ;-)

It certainly isn't as comfortable as the saddle on the Vespa, but... it wasn't bad.  It felt good to be moving at a pace faster than walking, and instead of a half mile walk, my goal was to do a couple miles on the bike.



 

My arms aren't long enough to get the bike in a photo while I'm riding, but that's the shadow of me on the bike in the photo above.  I did about 2 1/2 miles; into and with the breeze.  And, some hazy sunshine.  It wasn't bad; may be a while before I make this part of my daily routine again (need to toughen up that nether region - gradually), but this is a good start.


No comments: