Thursday, March 25, 2021

Exercise...

 

Yeah, I ride my bicycle, walk, take Rufus for a walk (not much exercise, really), and occasionally do indoor exercises.  But, that's not what this is about.

Joan hasn't ridden her scoot in a while; I do take it out now and then to keep the battery charged up.  Time to exercise the Xmax today.  Joan hemmed my new riding jeans, so it seemed like a good time to give 'em a try.  I went outside around 1:00 and the wind was blowing 27 mph from the north, gusting higher... yeah, maybe I'll consider going for a ride in a couple hours; it is supposed to ease up after 3:00.

I did make a garbage run with the e-scoot, but rolling along at 10mph is a bit less challenging in the wind compared to running at 60 over the causeway.

By the time 3:00 rolled around, the wind was down to 19mph.  By the time I got the scoot out and geared up, it was down to 17mph... heading the right direction.  Heading across the causeway is a good way to get up to speed without having to go west, out of town.  I was surprised by how light the traffic was, both on the causeway and all along the island.  70º and windy is a bit chilly for the beach; I did see about 5 golf carts full of people (from 5 to 10 people), but it was all families; nothing that looked like the typical college age spring breakers.

I rode up to the Convention Center, with a loose plan to stop and get a photo.  Not only a different scoot, but the opportunity to use my Pocket Tripod - yes, you really can carry it in your wallet.  No, it isn't really a "tripod;" more of a handy phone cradle that is adjustable.  Here's the shot...


 Taken just around the corner from the main part of the Wyland Whaling Wall.  Interesting perspective.  I was told that supper would be ready at 5:15 so I knew when to get back.  I walked through the door at 4:55, just in time to get Rufus's late afternoon meal ready before we sat down.  Slow cooked roast beef, potatoes, green beans, and fresh baked bread... the smell of the bread had me drooling before I sat down.

--------

UPS delivered a new camp chair to me this evening.  It's pretty cool: it rocks and/or sits still.  It's comfortable.  But here's the fun part: it came in a long, skinny box.  Rufus is not a long, skinny cat.  I can see how he got in there - no idea how he got turned around...


He's a good boy.  ;-)


No comments: