Sunday, March 21, 2021

I don't think that looks like me...

 

Not talking about an avatar to use on Facebook.  This is something Rufus said...


Rufus asked me if that pillow was supposed to be him.  "Well, my big furry boy, consider it to be an avatar.  We know in real life, you are much more handsome than that representation on the pillow.  I'm guessing there wasn't a graphic choice that looks as good as you.  But, that cats looks sweet and it acknowledges that you are a "good boy," and loved.  See the heart?"

He was OK with that explanation.

Later on, he and I went for a walk.  A couple stopped in their golf cart to tell us "how cool" it is that he walks on a leash... "I told my son about this guy on our street that walks his cat - he has three cats and loves that idea..."  We visited for a bit; Rufus is used to people stopping to talk and gawk.  And occasionally take photos.  This leash-walking is what he knows: we started on it right away after we adopted him.

My Facebook memory this morning was from 3 years ago - I was selling my RainSong Shorty (first carbon fiber guitar I bought) and working with Ruf on the leash...


I carried him about 30 to 40 feet from the door of the motorhome, and he would walk back to the door, on the leash.  He wasn't keen about leaving the motorhome while on the leash, so I carried him over and over, so he could get used to the whole idea of the leash.  Now, he waits by the door to get his harness and leash on so we can go for a walk.

And, some grass munching...


Then, after lunch, time to relax - the boy is really good at relaxing...


Time for the new e-scoot to earn its keep.  It's a garbage hauler...


That blue thing with the ramps leading to it is our community trash compactor (named Jaws).  It takes the place of dumpsters located in various places.  We had dumpsters about a block from our house, now this compactor is about 7 blocks away.  A little too far for carrying garbage, but the e-scoot makes it almost fun.  Well, it is fun, but I can't say that out of concern for getting some other chore.  I took the long way home.  ;-)


No comments: